Recently a Yelper asked our community the below question, and we thought why not share our response in today’s blog post:
“I need a cosmetic dentist who is extremely versed in cosmetic veneers, recommendations?”
We understand the sensitive nature of your inquiry. The thought of finding the right West Los Angeles dentist to whom you can trust your smile to is admittedly a very big decision. You want it done once, and you want it done right.
The skill of producing a true-to-life smile, involves much more than knowledge, and experience. Cosmetic veneers done right demand a seasoned doctor who also:
- Gives the highest level of attention to detail.
- Judiciously reshapes the teeth based upon a waxed-up smile that was decided together with him and the patient in advance. (This allows for ultraconservative reshaping of teeth.)
- Can accurately transfer the delicate details of his work to the laboratory
- Will shade match using a digital scanner (which eliminates the often unfortunate eyeballing the correct shade tab) and allows the lab to create a gradient of shades as we find in nature.
- Has excellent photographic communication between him and his Ceramist to allow for the shape and anatomy of veneers to reflect the patient’s facial skeletal and tonal characteristics.
- Works with a skilled & experienced Ceramist with whom he can work seamlessly.
- Proper Bonding.
- Once all the above is completed properly (appointment #1) the longevity of the veneers depend very heavily on the bonding procedure (appointment #2).
- Many factors play a role in proper bonding techniques. Creating a bondable surface of porcelain to teeth is a step that is often left for the lab to do. This introduces a very serious problem because as soon as the veneers come in contact with teeth and saliva (during the try-in stage,) the porcelain surface is contaminated and bond strength to the teeth drops significantly.
- Ample knowledge of adhesive chemistry (of teeth and ceramic) is a must. This should not be a quick one-hour appointment.
- Work under magnification and proper lighting
- Finally, and perhaps the most important element is TIME. Ample time must be dedicated to incorporate all the aforementioned elements and more.
Dr. Shayesteh has earned the reputation of treating only one patient at a time. This way the patient receives 100% of his tender attention. Such Aesthetic enhancement can only be done right, under the above circumstances. Dr. Shayesteh works very hard to produce Crème de la crème dentistry, as his patients deserve no less.
The total approximate time that Dr. Shayesteh typically spends on such cases range between four to five hours.
We welcome you to visit him at our Culver City dental practice for a personalized aesthetic consultation.
Picasso Smiles Team
Dr. Shayesteh continually updates his credentials and continuing education.