Sedation Dentistry In Culver City
At Picasso Smiles, we are committed to providing exceptional dental care paired with gentle, compassionate service to ensure that our patients feel cared for every step of the way. One of the ways we accomplish this is through sedation dentistry in Culver City. In addition to the warm, welcoming office environment of your Culver City dentistry, we’re proud to specialize in sedation dentistry for patients who may be fearful or anxious about dental visits. Keep reading to learn more.
Is Sedation Dentistry Right For Me?
We understand that sometimes, a patient may be apprehensive when it comes to dental care. While there are many varying causes of dental phobia, your children’s dentist in Culver City is dedicated to helping each patient, no matter the age or anxiety level, feel completely comfortable so that they can receive the dental care they need to have a healthy smile. Good candidates for sedation dentistry in Culver City include:
- Patients with mild apprehension about visiting the dentist
- Frightened children
- Patients who need help to remain still during a procedure
- Patients with particularly sensitive teeth
- Patients with extreme dental anxiety or phobia
Whether you qualify for sedation dentistry will depend on several factors, including your age, weight, general health, and level of anxiety. Your family dentist will design a personalized sedation plan based on your individual case.
What Can I Expect With Treatment?
If your family dentist determines that sedation dentistry is a good fit for you, there are several ways we can provide treatment. Methods include:
- Pre-Appointment Sedatives—Before your appointment, a single pill will be taken which will help you to feel relaxed and even sleepy. You will be able to interact with your dentist, however, you will likely have no memory of your dental visit.
- In-Office Sedatives—Oral sedatives given at your appointment induce a state of consciousness in which you are awake, but have reduced anxiety and little to no memory of your visit.
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)—Nitrous oxide is inhaled through a mask placed over your nose. This sedative allows you to feel relaxed, comfortable and calm. The effects wear off shortly after removing the mask.
Contact Your Culver City Dentistry Today!
If you believe that sedation dentistry in Culver City may benefit you or your child, reach out to your Culver City dentistry today by calling (424) 361-5218, or at our contact page. As your family dentist, we would love the opportunity to explore how we might make dental care more comfortable for you. And if you’re looking for a children’s dentist in Culver City, we’d love to help your child feel at ease in our office. We can’t wait to welcome you into our family of happy patients!