Welcome to the Picasso Smiles blog of El Paso, TX!
Here are our latest articles:
- TEETHING CAN BE an uncomfortable process for both your little one and those who care for them.
We know our patients want to help soothe their babies as best they can through this time, so today we’re going to share our thoughts on teething and how you can help them through this process.
Each Child’s Teething Timeline Is ...more
- At Picasso Smiles Dental, it’s our goal to give every patient in and around El Paso, TX the opportunity to attain a healthy smile. As your trusted El Paso dentist, we’re glad to offer a number of different dental treatments that are dedicated toward achieving that goal. One of the most effective treatments that we ...more
- THE LAST THING YOU WANT to worry about when you’re sick is your dental health. Unfortunately, your teeth can be extra vulnerable when cold and flu season strike. If you find yourself under the weather, read on for helpful tips on protecting your mouth!
Watch Out For Dry Mouth
You know that feeling when your nose is so stuffy ...more
- IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED TOOTH LOSS, you are not alone. In fact, more than 35 million Americans are missing all of their teeth, while 178 million are missing at least one tooth. Here’s the good news: there are solutions for you.
Dental Implants Function Much Like Natural Teeth
While there are other tooth replacement options, dental implants have many advantages over ...more
- WE'VE ALL BEEN TOLD (and many of us tell our children) that milk builds strong bones. But our nutritional and dietary preferences are not only widely varied, they also change from time to time. Does milk really “do a body good”? Some believe it does, and others believe it doesn’t.
Regardless of your take, you’re not alone. Today, millions ...more
- WITH ALL THE AMAZING technology we see today, it's easy to overlook the small wonders of the world—like the toothbrush! This small, but remarkable invention is the staple of our oral hygiene and health. Join us on a journey through time as we explore the way the toothbrush has changed across the ages!
Ancient Civilizations Used Sticks to ...more
- 2016 is decidedly here, and that means many of our patients are getting excited about continuing their New Year's Resolutions. We love this time of year, and it strikes joy into our hearts to see the renewed invigoration and motivation for self-improvement that this time of year brings. But while many people may have gotten ...more
- If you missed the 100th annual Celebration of Lights ceremony in downtown El Paso, don’t worry! There are still plenty of holiday themed and holiday spirit filled activities and events to experience throughout El Paso this season. The holidays aren’t over yet!
Picasso Smiles really enjoys this time of year! This year we got together and ...more
- The Temporomandibular Joint: Broken Down By Your Local El Paso Dentist
The temporomandibular joint, commonly referred to as TMJ, is located in front of your ear where the skull and the lower jaw meet. This joint is what connects your jaw to your skull and allows your lower jaw to move and function. Experts have determined ...more
- Growing a first tooth is one of the most excited and important milestones in an infant’s life – but for parents, the teething process can often be a bit of a mystery. We know that there's a lot to keep track of, so for this blog, we've put together some helpful info and tips on ...more
- At Picasso Smiles Dental, we want to be sure you get the most out of your treatment time spent at our El Paso dental office. Whether you are looking for teeth whitening services, dental implants, or clear braces, we are here to guide you in the right direction! With that being said, we want to ...more
- Food choices play an important role when it comes to oral health. Believe it or not, not all foods that are healthy for you also promote good oral health! Some of the food that we have listed may surprise you – read below to learn about six foods that are particularly good for your teeth.
- Summer is always fun no matter what your age may be. Whether its a break from school or a little vacation from work its always nice to get out this time of year. With that in mind we found some great activities for kids and families to do during the final days of summer in ...more
Do you find your friends subtly scooting away from you when you’re talking in close quarters? Does your desk neighbor at work offer you Tic Tacs and gum way more frequently than she should? Are you constantly breathing into your hand to see what others may be smelling?
If the answer to any of these questions ...more
- Do you fear going to the dentist? Maybe you have a fear of shots, a strong gag reflex or have had a previously traumatic dental experience. Well, we’re here to tell you that you’re not alone because 30-50% of Americans suffer from dental phobia. However, your fears of going to the dentist can end now ...more
- All About Wisdom Teeth
People say that with age comes wisdom, but with age also come wisdom teeth. These are the third molars found farthest back in your mouth, and they generally start to erupt from the gums between the ages of seventeen to twenty-five. It’s often the case that these molars come in sideways or ...more
There has always been talk about chewing gum and the effects it may or may not have on our teeth. Like all other foods these days, gum has been transformed and duplicated into a variety of flavors and versions serving multiple purposes. So, how do we know which types are harmful or not to our ...more
- When you have braces, you need to be more aware when you’re choosing what to eat, since it’s easy for certain foods to damage your brackets or wires. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t find delicious food and go to your favorite local restaurants. Here is a quick list of some great, local El ...more
Helping kids establish good oral hygiene habits when they’re young sets them up for a lifetime of healthy smiles and a healthy body in their future. Good oral health has shown to not only keep teeth bright and healthy, but reduces the risk of developing heart disease and infection. Brushing and flossing are the most ...more
- Invisible, Clear Braces Treatment in El Paso, TX
In the past, the word orthodontics had a direct correlation with visible metal braces. We have come a long way since then, and treatments have significantly evolved to what we offer today. Because the El Paso, TX dentists of Picasso Smiles strive to provide the latest orthodontic treatments ...more
- At Picasso Smiles Dental, we understand that the holidays can be a stressful time. From work functions to family get-togethers, big dinners and lots of shopping, you hardly have time to take a deep breath and pause to enjoy the season. We believe however that it is more important than ever during this hectic time ...more
- Illuminating Information Around This Treatment
Today, Lumineers are becoming quite trendy, and no, we are not talking about the rock band. The Lumineers that we are referring to are the amazing new dental procedure that drastically transforms your smile as an alternative to traditional veneers. Picasso Smiles whole-heartedly endorses this procedure and we aim to inform ...more
Is It Going To Be Painful?
Let’s face it - root canals have a bad reputation. When most people hear the phrase “root canal,” their thoughts are riddled with negative connotations. The stigma associated with root canal therapy as a painful procedure couldn’t be further from the truth. Root canal treatment doesn’t cause pain, it relieves ...more
- Sedation Dentistry: Alleviating Anxiety All Over El Paso
Sedation dentistry is no longer just for wisdom teeth and root canals. In fact, recent research has shown there are many more instances when sedation dentistry could be applied, and in fact should. Here at Picasso Smiles, we educate patients about sedation dentistry and use techniques tailored specifically ...more
- Here at Picasso Smiles, we are motivated to keep El Paso’s smiles bright and healthy. That is why it is our priority to get to the root of the problem and help heal or prevent any major issues that may cause an unhealthy smile.
It is our mission at Picasso Smiles to provide our clients with ...more